|Benji Smith, Benjamin|
Stockholm University Department of Computer and Systems Sciences, DSV
Bachelor Programme in Computer and Systems Sciences
- ML471C Information Security in Organisations
- ML463C Security and Privacy in e-Government: IT, Laws and Ethics
- ML470C Information Security
- IB430C Knowledge Management
- IB433C Network Security
- IB402E Project in Software Engineering
- Together with the interactive theater performance Satans Demokrati and a student Scrum team, a concept social network was created reflecting the aestethics and theme of the dystopian play.
- Role: Scrum master, design.
A design science work aimed at evaluating the perceived usefulness of a digital data collection artifact compared to a conventional, analogue methods. Together with a medical team at Karolinska Universitetssjukhuset, a n application was developed to replace a whiteboard workflow. The artifact was subsequently used in a medical trial to aid in evaluation of a new medical therapy.
Speeron AB (2017 - 2019)
Network consulting (July-September 2017)
Developed proof-of-concept IP layer access control and isolation, for multicast and client-server scenarios when users accessed networked multimedia devices over public wireless networks.
Product owner/developer (October 2017 - 2019 February)
Product: Speeron Piccolo Cast, a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solution for the hotel industry which allow guests to access in-room streaming devices.
- Worked with network providers to implement the product in varied network sizes, topologies and resolve brand and hardware related problems.
- Coordinated new development, issue resolvement and testing with remote development team.
- Developed a milestone improvement to the access control implementation and end-user interaction which:
- Ensured product functionality after a key third-party feature dependency was removed.
- Increased scalability by reducing manual configuration before on-site installations.
- Introduced new customizability of the product front-end.
- Increased visibility and transparency of system health by active monitoring.
Network consulting (March - May 2019)
Developed and implemented an mDNS repeater with packet-inspection and packet-crafting functionality to replace native mDNS functionality across a fleet of Ubiquitie© EdgeRouter devices.
Enterprise Network Training. On Huawei networking solutions for enterprise-scale installation and administration comprising Huawei controllers, switches and Wi-Fi.
Mobile Access Partner Training-Workshop (SEOS® by ASSA ABLOY). Onboarding training for integration development with ASSA ABLOY physical-digitally enabled lock technologies.
Publishing platform for Ålands Psykologförening rf (2020 - current)
Selected to implement and maintain a new website with publishing and multi-user functionality for a non-profit organization. An affordable, modern solution with short time-to-market was accepted.
For artist Nayab Ikram (2016 - current)
Contribution. Selected software and hardware stack, and developed a conversational agent which learns from interaction with exhibition goers.
- "Babe, Call Me Back", Asbestos Art Space (Helsinki. January 2019)
- "Invitation Art at EP", European Parliament (Brussels. November 2019)
- “2084 at Catalysti”, Cable Factory (Helsinki. October 2020)
Contribution. Developed a procedure to turn arbitrary sound (ocean waves) into English speech using voice recognition and IBM Cloud Watson speech synthesis API.
- “Whoa, the waves said” (Dalsbruk, Finland. August 2019)
E-commerce solutions for Sweden-based merchant (2019 - current)
- Configuration and maintenance of self-hosted e-commerce platforms.
- Migrating business and product data from proprietary e-commerce service into self-managed databases.
- DNS management, mail delivery and mail reputation managent.
- Development and implementation of requested features and administrative tools.
SaaS service for Speeron AB (2019 - current)
Developed and maintain a URL shortening service used as an accessibility component in a end-user login flow. The service was chosen instead of the large commercial offer Bit.ly, and registered more than 40 million shortlinks in its first year.
Livestreaming solutions for Stockholm-based music event organizer (2020)
Contribution. Assisted event organizer pivot to digital platform during Covid-19. Enabled live-streaming video content to multiple channels (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitch) through a purpose-build service with NGINX and